Know Your Rights – in Europe
- Learn about the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here!
- More information about data protection and online privacy provided by the European Union.
- In the Netherlands: reporting data privacy breaches to the Personal Data Authority (Authority for Personal Data) .
- The Algorithm Register : get an overview of the artificial intelligence systems and algorithms used by the City of Amsterdam.
- Interactive Map: Personal Data Processing in the Public Space
News Articles and Blog Posts
- The New Yorker: Why Do We Care So Much About Privacy? (June 2018)
- The New York Times: The Battle for Digital Privacy is Reshaping the Internet (September 2021)
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism , by Shoshana Zuboff
- The Black Box Society , by Frank Pasquale
- Weapons of Math Destruction , by Cathy O’Neil
- The Social Dilemma , by director Jeff Orlowski
- The Great Hack , by directors Karim Amer and Jehane Noujaim
- Coded Bias , by director Shalini Kantayya
- TED Talk – Investigative Journalist Glenn Greenwald on Why Privacy Matters
- Your Undivided Attention , by the Center for Humane Technology
- In Machines We Trust , by MIT Technology Review
- Technology Pill , by Privacy International
- IRL , by Firefox (May 2017 – August 2019)
- Privacy Matters , by IoT Security Institute (August 2019 – September 2020)
- Privacy Camp , organized by EDRi, VUB-LSTS, Privacy Salon vzw and the Institute for European Studies at USL-B.
- CPDP – Computers, Privacy and Data Protection Conference
- Mozilla Festival
- Internet Governance Forum
Privacy/Digital Rights Organizations
- Bits Of Freedom (Dutch)
- Privacy International
- European Digital Rights (European network of digital rights organisations)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Tactical Tech
Other Guides: Tips, Tricks, and Tool Recommendations
- The New York Times: How to Protect Your Digital Privacy
- Bits of Freedom: Fix Your Privacy Toolkits (in Dutch)
- The New York Times’ Privacy Project