Netwerk Democratie, or Network Democracy, is an organization that tries to raise a resilient democracy in which citizens are more involved and are being enabled to actively contribute. We aim to create more transparency, accessibility and accountability of the government to empower the position of citizens. Simultaneously we stimulate citizen participation, create more visibility for citizens’ initiatives and offer them tools to effectively influence the institutions that represent them.
This year we participate in Europe by People by programming on the FabCity Campus. To support our organizers we are looking for an intern to work here 24 to 32 hours a week for a minimal of five months (February – June).
What are you going to do:
– You’ll support the production and the execution of several programme items
– You’ll write reports and articles on the events and programmes we host
– You’ll draw up the project plans in preparation of our events
– You’ll contribute substantively in the creation of lecture series and new programmes
– You’ll do research and look for relevant collaboration partners
– You’ll assist in the development of a democratic learning lab on relevant European subjects
What are we looking for:
– You are inquisitive, broadly interested and socially involved
– You have an analytical mind and have an open but critical attitude
– You have an affinity with democratic renewal
– You take initiative, are able to work independently and persistently
– You are able to flawlessly write in English
Send an email to Josien Pieterse, director of Netwerk Democratie, before the 31st of January. You will be invited for an interview before the 1st of February.